Tropical Island No-Grain-Ola 14 oz
Our Tropical Island No-Grain-Ola is a burst of flavors, sweet pineapple, coconuts and macadamia nuts, with a refreshing tang of mango.
Use it as the featured ingredient in our very popular TROPICAL SMOOTHIE recipe.
Let's Get Started!
- 1 cup chilled unsweetened vanilla cashew or almond mylk (for best results get a good tasting brand or make from scratch)
- 1 large ripe banana
- ½ cup frozen or fresh pineapple
- ½ cup frozen mango
- 1 tbsp Coconut manna
1. Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender for 2 minutes until smooth
2. Pour into a bowl or glass
3. Top with Chrissy’s Crumble Tropical Island NoGrainOla
4. Add the following variations: Coconut flakes, Fresh Mango, Fresh Pineapple
Cashew or Almond Mylk Made From Scratch
- 1 ½ cups raw almonds or cashews (soaked overnight in cool water or 1-2 hours in very hot water)
- 5 cups filtered water (less to thicken, more to thin)
- 1 pinch himalayan sea salt
- 4 whole pitted dates or (sweetener of choice sub 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave nectar)*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or (1 vanilla bean, scraped per 1 tsp extract you may omit for plain)
1. Add your soaked almonds or cashews, dates, water, salt, and any additional variations to a high-speed blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Keep it running for at least 1-2 minutes so you get the most out of your almonds.
2. Strain using a nut milk bag or (if using cashews a sieve or strainer would work or leave them in I wouldn’t recommend with almonds). Discard pulp, or save for adding to baked goods (especially crackers).
3. Transfer milk to a covered bottle and refrigerate. Will keep for up to a week, though best when fresh. Shake well before drinking, as it tends to separate.